The Eagle County Schools Early Childhood Program is a blended, center-based program that includes Head Start, Colorado Preschool, Early Childhood Special Education, and traditional preschool programming. Recognizing the importance of early childhood experiences on school success, Eagle County Schools continues to take an active role in fully integrating early childhood programs into the district.
The Early Childhood Program values small class sizes, low teacher-child ratios, individualized programs, and building collaborative partnerships with families. We help our children develop the skills they need to be ready to start their elementary education based on the Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines.
Our Early Childhood Program Goals:
- Better prepare children for school achievement by supporting their physical, cognitive, social and emotional growth as demonstrated on child assessments.
- Develop trusting and collaborative relationships with parents to support them as they nurture the development of their children.
- Provide families support and connections to resources in an environment that ensures a comprehensive, integrated array of services for families.
- Provide high-quality responsive services for children and families through the development of highly trained, caring, and adequately compensated program staff.
Early Childhood Vision:To provide the tools and resources to children, families and staff, so they become thinkers and doers, ensuring everyone reaches their highest potential.
Mountain Recreation (Formerly WECMRD)Mountain Recreation believes everybody deserves to be healthy and happy and is proud to offer a scholarship program jointly administered by the Recreation District and Youth Power365. The program is designed for children who, without financial assistance, would not have the opportunity to participate in Mountain Recreation’s youth activities. See below links for more information and the application.
Youth Scholarship Application
Solicitud de Becas para Jóvenes
Early Childhood Education Information:
Each program will provide a schedule to families at the start of the school year. The following is a sample of a typical daily schedule:
- A balance of child-selected, teacher-directed activities that support children’s development in the following areas: Social/Emotional, Physical, Gross Motor, Language/Literacy, Math, and Cognitive. We provide at least one hour of outside activity time, unless severe weather is present. We provide two snacks as well as lunch, and a nap/rest time to support the child’s physical needs.
- Eagle County Schools Early Childhood Department aims to honor, respect, and preserve the home language of every child and family that we enroll in our program at the same time helping the children progress in their English skills. Classroom instruction is done in both the English and Spanish language. Outside resources and support will be located, to the extent feasible, for children and families who speak a language other than English or Spanish.
Eagle Valley Elementary Infant/Toddler Program: 970-328-3127
EELC/Edwards Early Learning Center Infant/Toddler Program: 970-328-3127
- Each program has at least a full-time certified Preschool Director, Teaching Assistants that either have or are working towards an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, and an assigned certified Special Education Teacher with a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Special Education.
Our Locations & Services:
- There are a limited number of spots in our program, and availability varies by year and by location. If you would like more information about these programs or to get on the waitlist, please call the Early Childhood Office at 970-328-3942.
- We have preschool programs at six of our elementary schools in the valley. Extended Day care is also available through 5:00 p.m. each day, and summer programming is available for a limited number of students. You can contact Jody Ejnes, Operations Coordinator, at 970-328-3947 with any questions in regard to Extended Day or Preschool Plus.
- Brush Creek Elementary School - Hours of Operation: 7:50 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 7:50 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Phone: 970-328-3908
- Eagle Valley Elementary School - Hours of Operation: 7:50 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 7:50 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Phone: 970-328-5720
- Gypsum Elementary School - Hours of Operation: 7:50 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 7:50 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Phone: 970-328-9251
- Homestake Peak School - Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 8:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Phone: 970-569-5054
- EELC/Edwards Early Learning Center - Hours of Operation: 7:50 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 7:50 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Phone: 970-328-3942
- Red Hill Elementary School - Hours of Operation: 7:50 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 7:50 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Phone: 970-328-6195
- Red Sandstone Elementary School – Hours of Operation: 7:50 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Half Day Hours: 7:50 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Phone – 970-328-4199
- We are a fee-based program. However, tuition assistance through Head Start, the Colorado Preschool Program and the Colorado Childcare Assistance Program (CCAP) is available. Fees are determined each year. Here are the current fees for our program:
Preschool Tuition is $50.00 per extended day, $40.00 per full day and $28.00 per half day.
Infant/Toddler Tuition is $50.00 per full day for infants and $45.00 per full day for toddlers.
- Please contact Leigh Harris, ECE Office Manager, with any Tuition questions at (970) 328-2876 or email@example.com.