View Available Positions
Eagle County Schools is a progressive and dynamic employer! Our schools are on the cutting edge of education and we offer employees the chance to work in an environment where their efforts make a difference. Together, we are a world-class organization preparing students to be internationally competitive.
We offer a competitive package of salary and benefits (including health insurance and Colorado PERA retirement) for qualifying employees, plus the chance to work in a positive and supportive organization.
To be considered for employment provide these items to HR:
- Completed online application
- Current resume
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Unofficial copies are sufficient for applicants; however, official copies must be promptly submitted upon employment
- A copy of your Colorado teaching certificate or license, or a statement of the status of one's application to the Colorado Department of Education
We require newly hired guest teachers to take part in our Guest Teacher Training & New Hire Orientation.
Don’t worry – you can do this! You will receive a STEDI Substitute Teacher Handbook, written specifically for guest teachers who desire to influence the lives of students.
At our training and through the Substitute Teacher Handbook, you will learn to:
• Manage a classroom and avoid common errors most substitute teachers make
• Teach with power, even if you don’t have a teaching degree and don’t know the material
• Foster respect from students
• Learn strategies to work with students with special needs
• Implement activities when students finish early or when there are still five minutes left in the period
We look forward to having you in our classrooms. Trainings are scheduled as demand develops.