The following sections promote avenues to individual success in the career and college readiness process at each level.
CAREER & COLLEGE READINESS
Introduction to this Web Page - District Pathway Guide 2.0
Elementary School - Career Awareness
The Elementary School section provides links to resources that help introduce career possibilities to K-5th grade students.
Middle School - Career Exploration; Creating an Initial Postsecondary Goal & High School Plan
The Middle School section lists resources that support self-discovery and exploration as well as creating initial career and academic planning.
- An Introduction to MS Career Exploration - MS Career Conversation Questions & Resources
- 6th Grade Activities - Career Key assessment
- 7th Grade Activities - Career Cluster Finder assessment; Setting an Initial Postsecondary Goal
- 8th Grade Activities - StrengthsExplorer® assessment; Updating the Postsecondary Goal; Creating a Four-Year Course Plan
High School - Refining the Four-Year Plan; Steps to Reaching Postsecondary GoalsThe High School section includes a range of web resources for different postsecondary paths and supporting information for career, college, and workforce readiness.
- Careers & Career Pathways: This tab includes tools to discover one's skills in alignment with career paths
- Career X: Experiential career learning opportunities through Eagle County Schools
- Actively Assessing Different Postsecondary Options
- Support for Postsecondary Planning
- 9th & 10th Grade Activities
- 11th & 12th Grade Activities
- Opportunities to Get College Credits in High School: Concurrent / Dual Enrollment (DE), Advanced Placement (AP), ASCENT
- Your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP): Creating a course of action
- College Planning Checklists: 9th-12th Grade
- Financial Aid Resources
- Demonstrating Digital Literacy: Developing competency in accessing & analyzing information and other global-ready skills
- The Future of Work
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities