As of August 5, 2020: Due to COVID-19 we are not offering student shadows or tours.
Battle Mountain High School Counseling Department
Our vision is to prepare all Battle Mountain High School students to be global-ready graduates,
who will be successful in their careers or college experience and contribute to their communities
in positive and effective ways.
Battle Mountain High School Counseling Mission Statement
Battle Mountain counselors advocate for and empower all students, regardless of background
or individual circumstances, to succeed in high school and plan for their postsecondary goals
and become global ready citizens. We help students develop and meet their academic and
career goals while fostering healthy relationships and social emotional growth.
Through collaboration with other educators and stakeholders, counselors encourage self
advocacy and promote life-long learners. Our professional counselors utilize data driven,
research based and innovative ways to serve all students, helping them maximize academic
and vocational achievement.
Top 10 Reasons Students Might See Their Counselor:
1. Get help solving conflicts
2. You just want to talk to someone who will listen and keep things confidential*
3. Get help with planning your future
4. Talk about college and career choices
5. Find out how to search for scholarships
6. You need someone to attest to your academic achievements
(letters of recommendation, transcripts, and applications)
7. Get help making important decisions
8. You want to do better in school
9. Get help with managing your busy schedule
10. You need to check on your graduation process and class selection
Get the Info
Eagle County Schools is committed to providing age and grade appropriate counseling services at all of our schools. In addition to general school day programs and services, our counselors are available to both students and parents by appointment. Learn more about Battle Mountain High School counseling services and school resources by exploring the icons below.