Battle Mountain High School Counseling Department
VisionOur vision is to prepare all Battle Mountain High School students to be global-ready graduates, who will be successful in their careers or college experience and contribute to their communities in positive and effective ways.
Battle Mountain High School Counseling Mission StatementBattle Mountain counselors advocate for and empower all students, regardless of background or individual circumstances, to succeed in high school and plan for their postsecondary goals and become global ready citizens. We help students develop and meet their academic and career goals while fostering healthy relationships and social emotional growth.
Through collaboration with other educators and stakeholders, counselors encourage self advocacy and promote life-long learners. Our professional counselors utilize data driven, research based and innovative ways to serve all students, helping them maximize academic and vocational achievement.
Top 10 Reasons Students Might See Their Counselor:
1. Get help solving conflicts
2. You just want to talk to someone who will listen and keep things confidential*
3. Get help with planning your future
4. Talk about college and career choices
5. Find out how to search for scholarships
6. You need someone to attest to your academic achievements (letters of recommendation, transcripts, and applications)
7. Get help making important decisions
8. You want to do better in school
9. Get help with managing your busy schedule
10. You need to check on your graduation process and class selection