Final Exam Schedule
Summer School Registration 2013
NATIONAL RECOGNITION FOR
EVHS STUDENTS & STAFF
There are many different metrics out there that can rank schools and their performance (Newsweek, Colorado School Grades, CDE Performance Frameworks). Each one uses a system that is unique to them. US News & World Report is known for their rankings of the Best Colleges, Graduate Schools, and now High Schools in the county.
National “Silver Medal High School”
38th best High School in Colorado
Nationwide: 2160 out of 21,035 = top 10%
Colorado: 38 out of 458 = top 10%
National Rankings – US News & World Report evaluated more than 21,000 public high schools in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Schools were awarded gold, silver or bronze medals based on state proficiency standards and how well they prepare students for college.
Top Ranked CO Schools – One of the states with flexibility from US News & World Report mandates, Colorado tests students via state assessments that cover math, reading, writing and science. Colorado has programs to help homeless students, create drug-free schools and promote nutrition education, according to the Colorado Department of Education. To be eligible for a state ranking, a school must be awarded a national gold or silver medal. There are 83 Colorado schools ranked in 2013 among the US News Best High Schools , including 15 gold medal schools, 24 silver medal schools and 44 bronze medal schools.
Senior Graduation Reminders
Senior Arts Night: Wednesday, May 8th @ 6:30pm
in the EVHS Auditorium
* A celebration of Senior artistry. The program includes a blend of video production, musical performances, both instrumental and vocal, dance, theater, and speech as well as an art gallery walk outside the auditorium.
*See Mrs. Stavney to make sure you are interested in participating.
There was an error in the previous communication about the following events. The dates were reversed for the Honors Night vs. Senior Banquet on the document that was distributed. These are the correct dates for them.
Senior Honors Night: Wednesday, May 22nd @ 6:30pm
in the EVHS Auditorium
* Awards, scholarships, cords and honors presented to Seniors
* This is a big community event where local representatives hand out scholarship dollars to many deserving Seniors.
* We will be recognizing the top Academic, Athletic & Activities achievements.
* Seniors will be invited who are receiving recognitions; all others are welcomed to attend.
Senior Banquet Night: Thursday, May 23rd @ 6:30pm
in the EVHS Cafeteria
* Desert Bar for all Seniors, parents, and friends.
* Senior musical performances, guest speakers, Most Likely To Awards, Senior Class Video, etc.
* This event is intended to be a celebration for all Seniors and their families to attend. It is an opportunity for the Class of 2013 to come together and be recognized for their personality and contributions as a group. All Seniors are encouraged to attend with their parents and enjoy an evening that is assured to be lots of fun and full of memories.
May 25, 2013 9:00 am Hotstuff Stadium
EVHS 2013 Spring Upcoming Events (Click here)
Dual Enrollment Orientation
Tuesday, May 14th at 6:30pm in the EVHS auditorium, Colorado Mountain College will be conducting an Orientation for all NEW Dual Enrollment students. At this meeting you will hear information about the Dual Enrollment classes offered at EVHS and fill out the necessary paperwork required to participate in the program. If your student has requested a Dual Enrollment class for the 2013-14 school year you will be receiving a letter from Colorado Mountain College in early May requesting your attendance at the meeting. Returning DE students do not need to attend this meeting. They will receive their paperwork in the summer to be returned at their registration day before school starts. If you have any questions please call Carol Carlson with Colorado Mountain College at 569-2934 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Bus Information
The transportation department will be accepting this year’s (12-13) school I.D.’s and bus passes as a valid bus pass for the beginning of next school year. Students that move over the summer and need updated information should call Donna Jo Long at (970) 328-2744. New I.D.’s will be issued on school picture day next school year by the photographer.
As various interesting things happen or announcements come out, follow Eagle Valley High School on Facebook to get the inside scoop and latest news. “Like” our page and you will get our updates, news, and information as it happens.
________________________________________________________________________My Student Store information (online credit card for paying school fees)