Physical and Mailing Address:
551 N. Frontage Road, Vail, CO 81657
Principal: Dr. Katherine Lange
School Mascot: Tiger Cubs
School Colors: Red and White
RSES Parent/Student Handbook 2011-2012
Red Sandstone Tigers
Red Sandstone Elementary School (RSES) is the only public school located in the heart of the Vail Valley. Established in 1977, RSES is a true community school that is nestled in the midst of beautiful mountain scenery. Scenery and a strong commitment to educating all students are the things that make RSES a school of choice in Eagle County.
RSES believes in providing a strong background for all students in both academics and character development. The mission of RSES is to encourage all students to be life-long learners that contribute to both their school community and their local community while developing the attributes they need to contribute to the global community.
At RSES we believe the strengths we possess that contribute to nurturing our future citizens include:
• Inspiring students to learn through engaging in meaningful educational opportunities.
• Creating a love of learning by providing opportunities for students to reach out to the community and explore the world.
• Use of instructional methods that meet the different learning styles of students.
• Maintaining high expectations for all learners.
• Use of the Rigorous Curriculum Design to meet Colorado State Standards.
• Creating hands-on and experiential learning opportunities for all students.
• Providing a safe and positive environment where all kids can learn.
• Creating a learning environment that encourages collaboration, communication and support of each other.
• Emphasis on character development in the classroom and in the community.
At RSES we are able to promote our vision and mission by working as a collaborative team with parents, students and the community. All of these attributes help contribute to a successful school environment that works towards developing the whole child.